Re: LRO: Low/no sulfur diesel fuel

From: christian147@juno.com
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 02:19:10 EDT

    Marin, diesel exhaust seats are top of the line stuff, 55 - 58% Nickle.
    Those seats can stand up to Turbo anti-lag engine management settings
    (retard timing 40+ degrees and turn the fuel up under closed throttle
    over run, so the fuel burns in the exhaust before the turbo). If you
    have exhaust temp. like that you have a BIG problem.

    I have been hearing reports of fuel injection pump ware from low sulfur
    fuel on Bosch and Specia pumps, so I would use the ad datives in the
    fuel.

    Chris hall