LRO: GM alternator recommendations

From: William J. Rice (jarvis64@juno.com)
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 09:23:40 EDT

    Hey all,
    My alternator puked. Well, actually I think I dropped it and broke the
    stud on the back. Ever since the frameover I've been thinking that we
    wired the charge light wrong b/c it kept flickering. Whilst out on the
    trail with Jim Hall and Tim Czajka on Sat, it became apparent that my
    alternator really wasn't charging. If you wiggle the stud it'll keep on
    doing so, but it's pretty sketchy.

    At any rate, I need to replace it. A GM unit's what I need (have a
    pontiac engine anyway) and I'm wondering what's the beefiest one out
    there. I think last time I just got a 65A Sunbird Alternator. Should I
    be looking for something else? I know this has been discussed but I
    never seem to save e-mails til I think I need 'em, which is usually too
    late.

    TIA,
    bill