Re: LRO: Gas tank float

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 15:09:04 EDT

    On Sat, 26 May 2001, Keith Tanner wrote:

    :Now I know why my gas gauge isn't working. The float, doesn't. There's a
    :chunk of styrofoam on the end of the lever that seems to have lost the will
    :to stay at the top. Is this material normal? I'm afraid of styrofoam
    :chunking out into my tank and I'm not sure if it's a SPOT. I've got some
    :rubber sump pump floats I could carve up...

    Keith,

    The floats I've looked at have been hollow platic. (I think I've seen one
    made of brass, too.) Styrofoam I'd expect to disolve in gasoline in short
    order.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.