Re: LRO: Spring Bolts

From: Ian Stuart (Ian.Stuart@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 11:13:15 EDT

    On Monday 28 May 2001 12:41, you wrote:
    > Just a quick query before I get the hammer out...Are the bolts that
    > got through the FRONT of the REAR springs threaded into the chassis
    > attachment point or not? I know the ones at the back are threaded
    > into the shackle, but I can't remember if these are or not.
    If I remember right, all the spring bolts thread into the
    shakle-plates, and are conter-locked by the nuts on the end of the bolt.

    HOWEVER, the bolts that hold the spring into the chassis frame (ie, the
    leading end for all SII & SIII) have longer shanks, and only the nut is
    theaded - not the chassis

    --
    Ian Stuart - EDINA, DataLibrary, University computing services.