Re: LRO: West Marine/East Range

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 10:32:58 EDT

> That is marine band stuff - very illegal to use on land. You want good
VHF,
> get a Ham license and get a 2-meter rig.

Thanks everyone. I will not get one.
Just home from 6 hours of exploring some more of East Range. We had 5
Series rovers on this trip. We had a chance to explore some of the old WWII
bunkers and tunnel systems.

Trails were allot dryer this time so the steeper hills were not as slippery.
Still plenty of mud hols and a couple of hairy off camber situations, but
not a scary as last time.

I rigged up a cam corder, a small spotting scope tripod was mounted to the
passenger side dash. So I got some video of our trip. Need to figure out
which box has the video card in it, so I can convert some of the better
clips to avi and post on the web.

Got to play with the winch today, yeah. A huge eucalyptis tree had fallen
since last trip. We broke out an axe and chopped it into some smaller bits,
which I dragged off the trail with the Koenig :-)

Later all
Pete