Re: LRO: Hotfoot!

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 11:54:17 EDT

    The Curse Of The Hot Footwell is obviously mostly on the Left Hand Drive Land Rovers over here in the USA. Right hand drive models place the driver away from the heat. Coupled with that the air and road are hotter in an American summer. Water spraying up and even
    snow (when it used to snow in winter in Britain) and generally cooler air would keep the floor cool in Blighty. That is also why Lucas has a bad name over here. The plastic coating on the wires in a British car dry and crack over here whereas in Britain they last
    longer and do not crack. Either that or we are used to it. The way to cool an Americaqn floor would be to wrap the exhaust with an exhaust bandage like the ones they use on expeimental aircraft with small cowlings and tight exhaust areas. Look up Chief Aircraft Parts
    on the internet and you can buy some of these. You can touch the exhaust after it has been running.

    Just an irrellevant note to anyone who cares, I just put 4 new 245/75 16's on my Range Rover and transformed it. It drives better, nothing rubs and it looks right too with the wheel filling the arch.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington