Re: LRO: Transmission Removal

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu May 24 2001 - 19:46:00 EDT

    You can play 'he man' and muscle out the transmission, complete with
    transfer case, by yourself. Or you can buy a fold up 2,000# hoist for
    around $200. The first way could cost you more than $10,000 in
    recontructive surgery and/or repairs to dropped parts, not to mention the
    fun of putting the trans. back in. The second way is relatively painless
    and you can use the hoist for all sorts of other fun stuff.

    Personally, I'll pay the $200 for the hoist. I'll let the 'he man' types
    have all the fun of R&R'ing via the strong back method. You know what they
    say about the relationship of back strength to other human attributes.

    Aloha
    Peter Ogilvie
    Kona Coffee Rover
    1970 88 soft top, 'huli' Mine since '84 but recovering
         from exposure of the dark side.
    1966 109 pickup 'slime' In my garage since '90, finally running.
    1965 88 parts car, slowly sinking into the lava.
    196? 88 hard top, possibly 'phoenix' if it rises, it will
         certainly be from ashes or at least a pile of rust