LRO: Solex and Rustoleum

From: The Stockdales (mstockdale@mho.net)
Date: Sun May 20 2001 - 19:29:34 EDT

    The Red Dinosaur is painted Rusto-Regal Red, and it is a very close match to
    Poppy Red. I sprayed everything but the face of the bulkhead behind the
    seats and the color is dead on. It does fade nicely after about 5 years.
    See http://home.mho.net/mstockdale/index.html

    RE: Solex's. I rebuilt one carb from what I had here and tried it out
    today. I had trouble getting it to idle, and it back-fired when letting off
    of the gas. The Weber is back on. What I found was that there are two
    variations to the solex. One has the economy circuit and the other is
    blanked. There are only 4 gaskets in the solex. One under the top cover,
    one at the accelerator pump, one between the throttle section and the float
    chamber, and one very little one under the accelerator pump nozzle block.

    So some day when I find time I guess I'll have another look at the Solex.
    Until then the weber is just to dam easy to deal with.

    Hurricane Mitch and the Red Dinosaur.