LRO: RE: Re: Rattly V8

From: Easton Trevor A (trevor_easton@dofasco.ca)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 15:04:16 EDT

    To add some to Marin's suggestions.
    I too have used the ATF solution (ouch) for clearing a sticky lifter.
    Mazda V6 engines are very succeptible to this problem and the factory
    recommends a GM Oil Additive that is supposed to prevent it. It's one of
    those sticky goops that feels and smells like Lucas Oil Stabilizer but costs
    four times as much.
    Consequently I use Lucas oil stabilizer and haven't had lifter problems
    since (Until tonight off course).
    I always add a litre of ATF a couple of days before my oil change too. The
    impression is just subjective, but it seems the new oil stays clean longer
    when I've done this.