LRO: Re: Re: whats a broken koenig worth

From: Bruce D. Fowler (bf71iia@mint.net)
Date: Wed May 16 2001 - 00:20:28 EDT

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Hope Peter

    :Simon,
    :drive shaft is made up from a bunch of common spicer parts and a 1" shaft.
    :The drive flange can be fabricated. Bruce Fowler hooked me up with a
    :machinest to make mine, great product and price. As to the damage, I don't
    :know. Someone had posted the name of a company in GA that had access to
    :parts, but when I contacted them, they said they couldn't help me (was
    :looking for bearings and seals)

    Maybe the part numbers listed below will help you.

    # 40 chain - hole to hole 33.5 inches.

    Speedi sleeve - CRI 99087

    Input shaft bearings x 2: (NICE) 1640 DCTN

    Shift fork oil seal CR (Chicago Rawhide) # 6315

    Input shaft oil seal CR (Chicago Rawhide) # 8702

    :I love my winch, but I have a noticable drag on the engine when the drive
    :shaft is installed.

    Should be -0- drag on the engine......
    Bet you have a knackered input bearing.

    Bruce F.
    PS. Don't use a steel keyway between the propshaft and input shaft.