Re: LRO: Pertronix timing

From: Alan Richer/CAM/Lotus (Alan_Richer@Lotus.com)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 07:45:08 EDT

    Casey, yes the knurled knob jobbie is called for here. THink of it as a
    vernier adjustment - coarse adjustment being turning the dizzy and fine
    being tweaking the adjustment on the vacuum capsule shaft.

    More the point, static timing it for a default adjustment might be a good
    thing. With the ignition off, set the crank to 6BTDC on the compression
    stroke. Lay the coil wire 1/4" from a grounded bit of metal and turn the
    ignition on. With the pinch bolt snug but not tight, turn the dizzy full
    against rotation, then bring it forward slowly.

    Lock it down when the coil sparks.

    This is a trick the Allison ignition guys told me when I called the tech
    support guys asking how to static-time an engine w/their system....

                        ajr