Re: LRO: starter motor

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 23:48:25 EDT

    On Mon, 14 May 2001 Gbrovers@aol.com wrote:

    :Keith
    : Mean Green sells a gear reduction starter for the Series Rover. I sell
    :them for $299. Way better than a Lucas.

    the mean green may be much better than the Lucas, but there's something
    going on if keith's starters aren't lasting very long. My first guess would
    be an improper gound. There should be a ground strap attached to the
    starter. I think the stock strap goes to the block. I run mine to the
    battery.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.