Re: LRO: Which side? (was 2 Land Rover questions)

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 22:38:26 EDT

    >From: "C. Marin Faure" <faurecm@halcyon.com>
    I almost forgot the real reason the Brits have right hand steering. The
    exhaust pipes on an inline engine exit the left side and run under the left
    footwell. Designed to keep the American Drivers feet toasty warm all year
    around. Had a Healey that would glue your sneakers to the floor board, it
    got so hot.

    Aloha
    Peter