Subject: LRO: Well, I did it!

From: "Dick Love" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:03:28 -0700

Just added a 67 swb, ex MOD, lhd, petrol to our family of British vehicles.
SWMBO drives a Disco and has a Morgan in our garage. I'm more a motorcycle
man and have a '50 Vincent Black Shadow and a 750cc Triton (modern Ducati as
well). We have a  small 2nd home in the Telluride, Co area and eventually
the swb will end up there on a permanent basis. First I have to get it back
to it's basic self. Presently it has Volvo seats, radio and speakers in the
dash and a lot of other guages, carpeting etc. that was added in an attempt
to "civilize" it. As an ex MOD it has some strange stuff (how about an old
time starter button separate from the military style ignition switch) for
which i don't think are covered by any manuals. It has the aux tank which I
can't get to as the Volvo seat is bolted down over it. I have a set of
military seats which will replace th Volvos. I have both soft and hard tops.
Safari door and tailgate as well. I haven't had time to go over it in detail
as it is at a friends' welding shop here in Southern California. It has NO
HEATER! That is not going to fly in January in the Rocky Mts. The engine and
tranny/transfer box seemed to be pretty good before it ran out of gas on me.
I guess I will soon start to discover if these things are as "basic and
simple" as they are cracked up to be. Let the games begin!