Subject: LRO: Planned obsolescence

From: "A. P. \"Sandy\" Grice" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:31:55 -0400

"Jean-Leon Morin" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Not knocking ford, look at any early to mid 80's domestically produced and
>engineered compact. You'll see...

>K car/Omni. (shudder)
>Tempo/Escort. (shudder)
>Beretta/Corsica/Cavalier (I'll stop now)

They were still at it well into the 90's....

Had to troubleshoot an electrical problem on my daughter's boyfriend's car,
a '92 Olds.  Cutlass or somesuch with a transverse V-6.  There isn't room
under that bonnet to squeeze in a can of sardines!  To get to the battery
or fuse box, you have to unbolt some frame stiffener....

Anyway, down where the body, chassis and bulkhead (or what would pass for
one) come together, there is this recess revealed when you open the doors.
Absolutely perfectly designed to catch/keep debris, road salt, moisture and
whatnot in a location where these could do the most damage in the shortest
amount of time.  This debris trap was so perfect, it had to be *designed*
that way.  No way anybody could be that stupid....  Is it any wonder Olds
is folding?

  *----jeep may be famous, LAND-ROVER is Legendary----*
  |                                                   |
  |             A. P. ("Sandy") Grice                 |
  |    Rover Owners' Association of Virginia, Ltd.    |
  |    1633 Melrose Pkwy., Norfolk, VA 23508-1730     |
  |(O)757-622-7054, (H)757-423-4898, FAX 757-622-7056 |
  |                 www.roav.org                      |
  |   (original owner)        (pre-production)        | 
  *----1972 Series III------1996 Discovery SE-7(m)----*