LRO: Keeping the heat out and letting the sun in!

From: Nick Danger (nick@hackermonkey.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 20:15:43 EDT

    The warm weather has be looking at my rover in a whole new light. After a
    cold winter (I got the Series III in October) I thought the inside was cold.
    After a hot day and driving I cant believe how much heat is coming in from
    the front and bottom of the footwells! Any ideas on just how to keep this
    heat out? The carpets are aftermarket (or should I say 'After office' as they
    look like someones office rubber mat cut to fit sloppily) but I didnt think
    just laying down new carpets would do it. (or would it?) I DID apply a new
    heat sheild on the exhaust manifold and change to a summer thermostat.

    Now for the other biggie - anyone have some leads on a good used soft top?
    I'd love to take the top off for the summer but the occasional downpour and
    the fact that the Rover is my only transportation has me thinking I'd better
    get SOME way to drive if it starts to rain.

    Thanks All!

    -Nick