Re: LRO: Newswire headline

From: Ivan Van Laningham (ivanlan@pauahtun.org)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 00:40:18 EDT

    Hi All--

    David Scheidt wrote:

    > On 10 May 2001, Casey McMullen wrote:
    >
    > :I've always thought it would be cool to lift an AMC Eagle and put big mudders
    > :on it. Everyone I've known who had one of those cars loved it.
    > :
    >
    > I saw one of these a couple years ago. It was spectacularly ugly. It
    > might have just been an Eagle body on some other chasiss though.

    A couple of months ago, my brother sent me the URL (since lost) of the
    ten worst cars ever made. I'm sure you can find it if you try hard. We
    figured out that, between the two of us, we had owned so many of the
    cars on that list that we did not wish to add up the exact numbers.
    There are some things humans aren't meant to know.

    Chevy Vega was one. Gremlin was another one. Which is why I bring it
    up; I owned first a Hornet, then a Gremlin, and they are the direct
    ancestors of the Eagle. Only the Eagle is better looking.

    <go-thank-the-car-gods-you're-driving-a-landy>-ly y'rs,
    Ivan;-)
    Ivan Van Laningham
    Symantec
    http://www.pauahtun.org/