LRO: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - Replacement of Syncromesh Detent Springs

From: Nick Eckert (sboarder@gte.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 20:07:56 EDT

            Well, I did it.

            I'd like to thank all the internet help I got from Bill Leacock and phone
    support I got from my friends Gord'n and Pat.

            It really is a tedious job, but quite do able in 1 day at a leasurely pace.
    The easy part was removing the old piece as I found 1/2 in the syncromesh
    assy and the other half when I drained the oil. The hardest part was
    aligning the new spring to go into the slot without being able to see the
    slot.

            Tools required inside tranny:

            Surgical Forceps
            Long Needle Nose Pliers
            Long, Skinny Flat tip screwdriver

            and lots of patience! :-)

    Cheers,

    Nickster

    1971 SIII 'Grommit' with the red bonnet
    1961 SII 2.5TD Coiler Hybrid, soon to be intercooled