Re: [LRO: tab washer/transmission/overdrive]

From: Casey McMullen (caseymcm@usa.net)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 14:13:08 EDT

    I just put my Fairy OD back on after a gearbox rebuild using a new tab/lock
    washer. Only one of the tabs lined up, but more importantly the other tabs
    were a little bit too long. They stuck up just enough to keep the OD from
    sliding all the way on, quite frustrating until I realized. I ended up
    chiseling the little pieces of tab that stuck proud from the edge of the
    mainshaft nut. Do yourself a favor before installing/tightening the nut and
    trim enough off the ends of the tabs until the washer is the same max.
    diameter as the nut.

    Casey