Subject: LRO: Stalling/Rough idling SIII

From: "KURT W. KRAUSS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 12:39:56 -0400

My newly acquired '73 NAS SIII has 17,400 original, documented miles.
Because of low compression in the front two cylinders, it just had a new
head gasket and exhaust manifold installed (old manifold was cracked).
I've put on less than 100 miles since.  The head bolts were tourqued to
65 pounds.
The only incorrect item on it is a Solex carb without emission control
rather than the Zenith unit.
When it starts, it puts out a white puff of smoke.  This always happens,
when starting cold or warm.   It did this before the new head gasket was
installed.
Also it is now idling idling roughly and sometimes stalls at idle.  It
seems to "pop-pop-pop" like an old 2 cycle Saab, but does not backfire,
when going down hills in gear.  It doesn't burn oil.
Ideas?  Thanks!
Kurt

--
====
Sender:
Kurt W. Krauss
Knox Naughton, P.C.
299 Cherry Hill Road
Parsipanny, New Jersey 07054
Telephone: (973) 335-3900
Fax: (973) 335-9577
Email: [email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained in this e-mail message, together with any
attachments hereto, is intended only for the personal and confidential
use of the addressee[s] named above.  The message and the attachments
are or may be an attorney-client or other privileged or protected
communication.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
or have not been authorized to receive it for the intended recipient,
you have received this message in error. You are not to read, review,
use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message, any attachments
thereto, or their contents.  If you have received this message in error,

please immediately notify us by return e-mail message or call (973)
335-3900, and delete the original message.  Thank you for your
cooperation.