Re: LRO: Can't push the truck forward when it's cold? ? ? ?

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 12:01:41 EDT

    Well if it is brakes you should see leaks if you look, small burning
    shoes, see smoke and the wheel hubs or e-brake should be hot to the touch
    right after driving. I assume you have checked all of this including the
    e-brake.

    Is it still hard to push if the transfer case is in neutral?

    I'm betting on your e-brake having a problem. Most likely a shoe
    dragging but maybe 90 wt build up from a badly leaking seal.

    >I'm getting some 'resistance' (seems mechanical) somewhere in my 109. You
    >can't push it forward out of gear when its cold

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html