LRO: TAW: Lacytoo

From: NADdMD@aol.com
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 14:38:03 EDT

    twakeman@cruzers.com writes:

    > http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman/Dogs/LacyToo.htm

    I stopped by your webpage. We had an English Pointer who died of
    osteosarcoma (Bone Cancer). He was 9 when he died. The details are
    unimportant I guess, but the point is, when I discussed this with our vet, he
    told me that the larger breeds are at significantly higher risk of it.

    Experimentally, there are retroviruses known to induce sarcomas in birds, but
    I guess none of this makes it easier.

    As they say, only the good die young.

    Nate