LRO: map/imaging website

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 10:51:26 EDT

    http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com

    Aloha,
    just wanted to pass this site along. Combination of topo maps and satalite
    images of the country. Not all areas have the photos, seem to be related to
    Military sites, some of the images come from a Russian source. Was foolen
    around, looking in the neighborhood where we want to live in Washington, and
    found some trails not far off :-)

    Anyway, when planing your next trip, you ought to check it out. Kinda cool
    to zoom in to an area on a 1:7500 topo map and then switch over to the
    1meter sat photos. Most of the photos I have seen so far are only 4-5 years
    old. Unfortunately Hawaii is only topos.