LRO: RE: Crank Pulley/Tap/Swivel?

From: SJH (SHARDING@SCHULTE-LAW.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 18:26:00 EDT

Can't help with the pulley. Sorry. As for the pitted swivel balls, go
the OVLR website, as they have a lot of good how to type stuff. Terri
Ann Wakeman maintains a very good site (I think its overlander.net)
which has lots of information and links, if the information is not on her
site. Can't remember if the front seal fix or swivel ball fixes are in
fact listed on these sites but if you didn't already know about them,
they will be a great help to you. They have been for me.

Simon "my eyes are still burning" Harding

SeriesIIA 2.25 petrol) I just bought...and I see a big chunk missing from
the crankshaft pulley. ...
archive version of the "front
seal cover tapping" instructions that were discussed last week...
.
Also, is there a way to buff off pitting/corrosion from the swivel
balls or is that a "must replace"situation?