LRO: Blue Hylomar and frame over progress...

From: Chris Oles (chris_oles@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 12:46:32 EDT

    I picked my tube up from Autozone. Permatex is the manufacturer
    and from what I can tell, it seals up nicely and holds the gasket in place
    when offering it up to the engine.

    On the frame over: My 70 SIIa 88 will be roaring to life today! Yesterday
    I finsihed re-installing the wings and bought new plugs and oil and
    installed both. Today is double-checking the timing, installing some gauges
    and turning the key.

    All that there is left is the bonnet, doors and floors. It's been a long 8
    months but the resto should be completed in the next 2 - 3 weekends. How
    has anyone that has performed the frameover successfully transitioned from
    the "I've gotta get out there and finish this project or my wife will kill
    me" to after it's done, waking up on a Saturday and having nothing but
    regular maintenance to do? Anyone want to suggest a new restoration project
    for me to work on? Maybe a boat -- something that can be tinkered with and
    finished in time for my retirement in 30 or so years :)

    Chris
    70 SIIa 88