LRO: Rover Rings

From: Rich & Lori Williams (paddlers@nwlink.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 00:15:23 EDT

    Jim,

    I just finished rebuilding my SII block at 60 over rather than having the lump sleeved. Actually, I had to use a new (new to me) block because my original was cracked between no's 3 and 4. Anyway, the block I got was bored at 60, and I think freshly bored from the looks of it - cylinders were smooth as silk - no ridges whatsoever. The block came with pistons that were totally virgin too. But I did have to hunt for the rings. I eventually found a supplier who had quite a supply which I then quickly absorbed (and I got early bearings too) for future projects as this guy hadn't done any LR work in probably 15+ years. Email me off list tomorrow at richw@nwlink.com (that's my office email) and I'll look to see what I've got to help you out with.

    Rich
    '60 SII 109 SW

    Anyone have 2.6l rings? They are the right size.