Re: LRO: IIa Mechanical Fuel Pump

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 13:57:07 EDT

    On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, A. P. "Sandy" Grice wrote:

    :Yeah, one...there are two bolts...with two nuts on the *inside* of the side
    :cover plate....or at least that's how I remember it. I've always removed
    :the six bolts and the whole side cover. If one of these nuts were to drop
    :out, you could be in a hell of a hurt in a hurry if it didn't drop directly
    :into the sump. The last time I had the pump out, I toyed with the idea of
    :tack welding the two nuts to the plate.

    The plate is supposed to have studs on it, isn't it? I'm certain mine does.

    David

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.