LRO: CB Brake Master Cylinders

From: Mark Pilkington (mark@skywagons.com)
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 11:45:15 EDT

    Can anyone please tell me how to bleed the CB type Master on a single
    circuit non boosted SWB Land rover is bled.
    I have pressure bled it down, I have sucked from the bottom. I have
    even pressure bled up from the wheels.
    What it is doing is the following.
    All parts are new.
    I can pump up the pressure and it will hit the floor a few times then
    hold. When holding, it will not fade, it will hold. Subsequent pumps
    willk also hold without fading and the brakes are strong. BUT if I let
    off the pedal and leave it for a few miniutes and then press it again,
    it will go to the floor again until I pump it. It is a new CB master
    type cylinder.
    Do you have to prime these? How do you do this?
    Thanks for all your help.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Pilkington