LRO: best find ever

From: WhatsUp129@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 15:40:47 EDT

    Recently, I inthroduced myself on the Unimog mailing list as owning a series
    IIA 88". that very day, a mog owner from lowell, massachusetts (about 30 min
    away from me) emails me saying that his buddy is moving and needs to get rid
    of a ton of rover parts he has. a few emails are exchanged, and i get the
    details that there is a complete 80" rolling chassis with drivetrain, a
    complete good condition IIA 88" body, plus more random other parts. the
    bulkhead is in good repairable condition, the tub is mint, the seatbox is
    mint, the wings are mint, several pairs of doors, the bottoms of which are
    all in very good shape, a few windscreens, a complete roof with GREAT shape
    upper tailgate, another pair of SW roof sides, floorboards, etc. guy wants
    $100 yes ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS for as much as i can take. show up yesterday
    with 17ft u-haul, and FILL the back with parts. and we left the 80" behind!
    if any of you want an 80" rolling chassis with a complete drivetrain and a
    repairable frame for FREE, contact me off list for the guys phone number.
    the only thing is you have to pick it up at his house in southern new
    hampshire before next monday. if not ill take it and build a nice hybrid,
    chevy 454, auto trans, dana 60s, 38" tires, you get the picture : )

    can you believe this guy was going to PAY to have all this junked???

    adam