LRO: Door top bolts R & R ? ? ?

From: Sjust1925@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 22 2001 - 12:34:26 EDT

    Well, with the first day of warm Midwest air, I decided to take the door tops
    off the 109 in preparation for the canvas in a week or two . . In the process
    a passenger side door top bolt sheared off at the bottom of the door top,
    leaving me a rusty bolt and very little to work with.
    If you disassemble the door top can you get the bolts out? If not has anyone
    tried welding them? Looking for an inexpensive repair solution, I always
    wanted defender door tops just not this way.
    Any advice would be great.
    Thanks
    Scott Just
    Rochester Hills, MI.