Re: LRO: battery chargers

From: David Scheidt (dscheidt@tumbolia.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 22:20:30 EDT

    On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Vel & Maryanne Natarajan wrote:

    :Looking for something to keep the LR's battery topped up, and to jump-start
    :it or my other cars if needed...
    :
    :Can anyone give me some feedback on what to look for in a battery charger?
    :I want something portable, will do 6/12V, and will also give me some extra
    :juice to jump-start if I need it.
    :
    :I'm looking at a Schumacher 100/15/2 Amp charger that will do all of the
    :above. Any comments on the brand?

    I've never heard of it, which doesn't mean anything. Two things, though.
    Make sure you get one that has an automatic cut off. I've got a manual one,
    and it's a royal pain. It was, however, free. 100 amps isn't really enough
    to jump start with if it's cold. If it's above freezing, it's fine, below
    that, it might not enough.

    --
    dscheidt@tumbolia.com
    Bipedalism is only a fad.