LRO: Central locking.

From: William L Leacock (roverbilly@juno.com)
Date: Sat Apr 21 2001 - 11:46:28 EDT

    Today when using my 89 RR for a trip to work (yesterday the alternator
    light came on on my winter beater Buick) I noted that the central
    locking mechanism was not functioning. Went to the gas station to fill
    up and realised the need for the system to work. Short term I can access
    the fuel filler cover from the inside, but for expediency I need to fix
    the system. ( I wonder what will go wrong with my swb when I drive it
    this pm?)
     The workshop manual simply describes how to replace the door lock
    actautor switch, it does not appear to offer any trouble shooting advise.
     I have established that the fuse is not blown. Are there any other
    diagnostic checks I can make to establish the root cause of the problem?
     If I do need to replace the door switch, is there an alternative to the
    usual RR (Rover Ripoff) priced parts?

    Regards from Western New York State

      Bill Leacock.