LRO: Re: Air Travel

From: Tim Czajka (timczajka@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 18:45:19 EDT

    Marin Faure wrote:
    >Actually, the luggage areas ARE climate controlled, at least
    >to a degree. Don't forget, they carry live animals in there.

    I had been wondering about that. I asked the ticket agent
    specifically about luggage and animals, figuring that if
    animals were carried then the conditions couldn't be too
    bad - certainly fine for a guitar. Couldn't get any good
    answers from the agent or phone rep - just that they
    would not cover damages. Thanks for the info. I sound
    a bit over concerned but I once left a guitar in a car
    too long and it cross-hatched the clear coat. Still
    plays but looks awful.

    Tim Czajka
    1972 Series III 88