RE: LRO: OD nut torque setting needed -

From: SJH (SHARDING@SCHULTE-LAW.COM)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 12:48:00 EDT

    The impact velocity of the two pound sledge bears a direct correlation to
    the number of ounces of fermented malt beverage contained within each
    nonferrous metal or silica based material fermented beverage
    containerization device, of course also accounting for the weight of each
    said containerization device, the number of units consumed and the time
    over which consumed. Account must also be taken of the dangerous and
    haphazard manner in which the two pound sledge may be wielded once a
    certain threshold amount of fermented malt beverage is consumed (this
    level varies from one individual to the next). We must accept that the
    force applied depends entirely on the blow landing on the intended target
    and not some other part of the land rover or the metacarpal phalanges
    (fingers) of the subject. Finally, account must be taken of the nature
    and quality of the malt beverage as well as of whether the malt beverage
    has been subjected to a distillation and aging process rendering it a
    beverage commonly referred to as scotch, or if it has not, and has
    instead been processed into "beer." thus my reference to a sixer of PBR.
     I admit leaving out one significant detail, that being whether or not
    the sixer is of "pounders" or the usual 12 ounce nonferrous metal
    containerization units. Recent studies have revealed no, repeat no
    significant variation in the level of force applied by nine out of ten
    land rover owners surveyed when a comparison was made between the larger
    (big mout, aka "guzzler") pop tab openings in said nonferrous metal
    containerization units versus the older and now obsolete smaller
    openings.

    Simon "I still need the figure folks" Harding