LRO: Re: Powder coating

From: Faure, Marin (Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 12:13:35 EDT

    Based on the input I've gotten on and off
    the list, and my own reasoning, I think the
    best thing to do to my wheels is have them
    sandblasted to remove the old paint and
    surface rust, and then prime and paint them.
    I don't want to galvanize them, as paint tends
    to have a tough time sticking to galvanizing,
    and I don't want silver wheels. Thanks
    for the input- it seems powder coating is
    more suited for the show-car crowd.
    C. Marin Faure
      (original owner)
      1973 Land Rover Series III-88