LRO: Powder coat

From: A. P. \ (rover@pinn.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 11:01:35 EDT

    "Faure, Marin" <Marin.Faure@PSS.Boeing.com> wrote:

    >BUT..... can a commercial powder coating company match
    >Limestone, or at least come close enough to where I don't
    >care about the difference, and what do you do if a wheel gets
    >whacked hard enough to damage the powder coating?

    "Almond" as applied to 90% of the refrigerators in the US is close enough
    to 'limestone' for government purposes. The paint place shouldn't have any
    problems. Powder coat is kinda brittle, tho'...I would think it would chip
    too easily, especially around the rims where the tire machine runs the bead
    seating/breaking arm thingy. I think powder coat is better suited to
    places that don't get such regular impacts, like bumpers and such. There
    was a place near me that did hot rod conversions and whatnot and had ovens
    big enough to bake entire frames. A powder coated frame sure looked great,
    though.

      *----jeep may be famous, LAND-ROVER is Legendary----*
      | |
      | A. P. ("Sandy") Grice |
      | Rover Owners' Association of Virginia, Ltd. |
      | 1633 Melrose Pkwy., Norfolk, VA 23508-1730 |
      |(O)757-622-7054, (H)757-423-4898, FAX 757-622-7056 |
      | www.roav.org |
      | (original owner) (pre-production) |
      *----1972 Series III------1996 Discovery SE-7(m)----*