Re: LRO: RE: Rivet guns (was: Air Compressors)

From: Hope Peter (hope_peter@bah.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 22:22:52 EDT

    > Is this before or after you beat your head against the wall trying to
    figure
    > out why that bucking bar you've bought just won't fit into your air
    hammer?
    > -todd

    No, no, no. Beat your head against the bucking bar, that way you aren't
    just wasting the energy. Newton or Einstein or someone figured out that
    there was a finite supply of energy. If you use it on one thing, it's
    robbed from somewhere else. That's why I sit on the sofa so much. Figure
    if I sit here every night after work and let the wife take care of the house
    chores, there will still be enough potential energy available for me to work
    on the Rover on the weekends. The difficult part is to not waste any energy
    arguing with her about it. She tricked me once, and I wasted so much energy
    in a silly little hour long arguemnt that I couldn't work on the Rover for
    over a month.
    Thats my story and I am sticking to it.
    Pete