Re: LRO: Re: Parts availability vs. bulletproofing

From: Jean-Leon Morin (offroaddesign@softhome.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 10:13:18 EDT

    Bruce? Do you have a picture of it? Send it to me!

    If you do, I'll put in on my webpage! I'm not ashamed of people seeing it.
    They might quit bugging me about how originality must be preserved at all
    costs. Hey, Valdez isn't meant to be pretty. Pretty Land-Rovers are NOT the
    way to have fun im my opinion.

    Valdez is rough, I have said that. Luis, if you are expecting a conversion
    beautifully executed, a la Timm Cooper, or TeriAnn, you are out of luck.
    There are more dents in Valdy than a golf ball, and the rear springs on it
    right now are totally mismatched, one is from Bruce Fowler's parts truck,
    which happens to be an 88. Lean, big time.

    But, after repeated requests from the passengers, I might actually devote
    some time to the little things, once I get the axles and brakes in. I have
    found a local source for the SUPER CARPET that Bruce uses, so I might try
    and kill the noise. That should be nice. Maybe paint the roof a nice white,
    or something. I dunno.