Re: LRO: head vs engine rebuild

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 12:09:29 EDT

    >If its a 7-1 head, go ahead and mill that much off but why stop there is its
    >a late head.

    Becasue there is only so much metal between the head bottom surface and
    the water jacket?

    The early IIA 7:1 head does not have a whole lot of metal between the
    bottom surface and the water jacket. The later 7:1 head has more metal
    and can be more reliably shaved to 8:1. Shaving even a late 7:1 head to
    9:1 is asking for a reduced head life.

    I did a little research on the subject once. The results are located at:

    http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman/LR/FAQ_head.htm

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html