Re: LRO: A puzzler.

From: TeriAnn Wakeman (twakeman@cruzers.com)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 11:58:18 EDT

    >Okay, here's one for you. How can you tell if a vehicle has been switched
    >from positive to negative earth?

    Look at the positive pole on your battery and see if it is routed to the
    frame or the starter switch.

    The land Rover is wired for positive earth if the wire goes to the frame.

    About your amp meter. With the ignition turned off, turn on your
    headlamps. If the needle swings into the negative side the gauge is
    wired properly for the current battery polarity. If it swings to the
    positive side you need to switch the wires on the back of the gauge.

    If you are not sure if your charging system is working and you feel like
    you are in over your head, remember that Sears and other companies
    provide free charging systems diagnostics.

    I have never had any problem letting them decide if the problem is my
    generator or my voltage regulator.

    TeriAnn Wakeman Marigold Ltd.
    Santa Cruz, California Web design, site updating, testing
    webmaster@overlander.net search engine optimization, graphics
                                  and more

    http://www.overlander.net/Marigold/index.html