Re: LRO: Tread Plate for Wings

From: John Karlsson (karlsson@oco.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 10:04:49 EDT

    As a possible alternative, you might consider the rubber matting with
    diamond plate pattern that I obtained from Griot's Garage, if memory
    serves. It wouldn't add much to stiffness, if that's what you're after,
    but it would make walking around up there a lot nicer. I have some left
    over after making a set of floor mats, and I'm thinking about gluing some
    to the top of the rear wheel wells, so the dogs don't skitter around so
    much on turns.

    John

    At 09:35 AM 4/19/2001, you wrote:

    >Re: Tread plate:
    >
    >The aluminum tread plate I'm familiar with is easily cut and sanded/filed.
    >A local supplier of plate, a jigsaw and some homemade cardboard templates
    >would likely be a good inexpensive solution.
    >
    > ajr

    John Karlsson
    956 Main Street
    P.O. Box 1023