RE: LRO: Iron Duke conversion

From: Luis Ml Gutiérrez (lro@cartellone.co.cr)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 12:44:52 EDT

    No, they dont, but what they do require is to have a minimum production for
    the car participating, in order to be able to call it a "production" car. I
    dont know how many thousand cars should be made, but those are the ones
    being sold all over the world, EXCEPT the US.
    The same happens for example with Mitsu. Evolution VII. They are selling the
    2.0L Turbo 280Hp already, with absolutely no plans to sell it in the US.
    I guess if they already have to build some of the cars (almost) exactly to
    their rally version, bordering in exoticness, they should well make a profit
    on selling it to the hp-crazy world community. But building even further an
    already 280hp subcompact, I dont know if it justifies the needed R&D money.
    Maybe it does. This is all just guesswork.

    Anyway, the top-dog WRX - STi is a 2.0L too.
    Take a look at this:
    http://210.254.95.20/showroom/imp_s/menu_c00.htm

    It is from www.subaru.co.jp , almost everything is in japaneese but numbers
    are the same.