Re: LRO: Re: fuel line fittings

From: Todd Ondick (greylildogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 14:25:30 EDT

    Hey, isn't the point of playing a joke on someone letting them know that you
    did it? Of course after 20 year's worth of trusting magnets he'd probably
    be a might pissed.

    Supposedly, the catylist disrupts the weak bonds that form between long
    chain hydrocarbon molecules in gasoline resulting from sitting for long
    periods. The bad gas in your weed trimmer is a good example of this. By
    reducing these large, less reactive hydrocarbon groups, combustability of
    the fuel is improved, reducing emmissions and improving efficiency. I
    wouldn't be typing this long-winded B.S. if I hadn't seen that it worked.

    Of course on an antiquated engine such as the 2.25 rover, the effects may be
    negligible. I'll probably try it out, as they have a 90 day money back
    guarantee. If it works for the LR I'll spread the word and if not you will
    mosty likely never hear about it ;^)

    -todd