LRO: Ahhhh...youth

From: A. P. \ (rover@pinn.net)
Date: Tue Apr 17 2001 - 00:00:31 EDT

    john.cranfield@ns.sympatico.ca (John Cranfield)

    >>The boy couldn't handle the rover (too much shifting, steering, etc)
    >> and so the vehicle has been sitting for 4 years

    >Oh My. perhaps Marin is right afterall.

    Perhaps...several years ago, I 'arranged' a sale of a IIa 88 - brought the
    buyer and seller together. The buyer was a rich yuppie buying the rover
    for his just-turned-17 son. The Rover had a blown head gasket (known
    before hand) and I helped the owner replace it - or rather, he watched
    while I worked. No problems, 'cept we needed some new heater hose. The
    autoparts store was only a half mile away as the crow flies, so the owner
    flips the keys to his Porsche to the son who rockets out of the driveway.
    We could hear the engine screaming all the way to the store...and all the
    way back. I said a short prayer for the Rover, as I knew it wasn't long
    for the road....

      *----jeep may be famous, LAND-ROVER is legendary-----*
      | |
      | A. P. "Sandy" Grice |
      | Rover Owners' Association of Virginia, Ltd. |
      | 1633 Melrose Parkway, Norfolk, VA 23508-1730 |
      | (757)423-4898 (757)622-7054 FAX (757)622-7056 |
      | |
      *----1972 Series III 88"----1996 Discovery SE-7(m)---*