Re: LRO: Re: Wasted youth (was parts availability, etc.)

From: Peter Ogilvie (konacoffee2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 13:56:53 EDT

    I don't know the exact figures but there has not been a drastic increase in
    CO2. There has been an increase, however. We're talking an increase of
    .0002%, or something like that, percentage increase in C02 in the
    atmosphere. Is it enough to cause a problem?? Is it caused by civilization
    or is there some other cause??

    There should be an easy way to determine the effect of industrial caused
    pollution. The world, from 1939 to 1945 was at maximum production with
    virtually no pollution controls and every incentive to produce energy in the
    cheapest manner possible and with absolutely no concern for side effects.
    There was also the effect of breaking things that associates itself with
    warfare. The increase in pollution should have been dramatic as the world
    wide depression of the '30s had lowered industrial output to the lowest
    point in 20 years. There should also have been a measurable change of some
    sort in weather patterns, if our efforts effect the weather. I'm not aware
    of a study that has specifically targeted the period from 1940-50. It would
    seem that if we were looking for some definitive indication of the effect of
    man made pollution, analysis of the WWII period could provide a lot of
    answers. Anyone know of a scientific study of this period and, if not, why
    there hasn't been a massive study??

    Aloha
    Peter O