Re: LRO: paint and parts

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 09:57:11 EDT

    I'm about to get started hand painting (I kind of like that feeling of luxurious, hand-crafted quality workmanship I get when I tell someone "why yes, I hand painted my Land Rover") my IIa 88" with Dupont Centauri in Pastel Green. I have seen Bill Rice's 109 painted with the same paint (marine blue) and foam brushes. Looks great and a heck of a lot cheaper than Earl Schibe or Maaco.

    >>> jjp4@usa.net 04/14/01 10:44PM >>>
    I would like to get input on painting our beloved vehicles. I will be looking
    at painting my 109 in the near future and would like to get opinions regarding
    self (brush) painting and spray (shop) painting. I am interested in problems
    and quality associated with self painting mostly. I would like to get a good
    quality job where brush strokes are not an issue. Is this possible with self,
    brush, painting?

    Also I am looking for an early IIA door and would like to know if there is one
    available. Please contact me off list regarding this.

       Thank you

       Joe Palecek
       65' 109 5-Door Station Wagon (Pokey)