Re: LRO: Painting a IIa

From: RON WARD (ronward@synovustrust.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 09:37:32 EDT

    Got it Saturday. Pastel Green. The guy at the counter said to mix in a quart of reducer (mid temp) to make almost 3 quarts of paint. I bought 2 quarts of paint and the one quart of reducer. I need more Bill 'cuz I am painting the interior and exterior surfaces a lighter color than original. Anyway, it started raining Saturday night so I just wiped everything down and closed up the shop until I can get home from work today to start painting. I tested a small area on the breakfast where the original color is and it's a spot on match.

    I'll post a pix when I get done.

    >>> jarvis64@juno.com 04/14/01 11:40AM >>>
    I used a little thinner--I think I got mid-temp, but you should get
    hi-temp thinner (which they only sell by the gallon at said CarQuest--I
    asked). Hi-temp will thin the paint for the longest time and make it
    easier to brush w/o having problems with it getting tacky as you go back
    for stroke #2. The stuff dries QUICKLY.

    Bill