Re: LRO: paint and parts

From: kyle vandyke (k_vandyke@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 06:28:22 EDT

    Joe,
      I'm halfway through painting my 109 by home spray painting. I did it by
    getting a pre owned Campbell Hausfeld HVLP paint system on ebay for around a
    hundred bucks(works ok even after my wife used it to paint the kitchen) and
    used thinned rustoleum almond (makes a nice light sand color.) Did it over
    several days in the driveway. I used a spray can of self etching primer to
    cover any bare birmabright spots. Not show room quality, but it has come
    out pretty nice. Probably would come out better with a real automotive paint
    but rustoleum is easy to find and you can use the spray cans to cover any
    future nicks.
      Also the "Series Shed" website had some nice articles on painting rovers.
    Kyle Van Dyke
    1971 SIIA 109
    1992 RR