Re: LRO: People's Republic....

From: Todd Ondick (greylildogs@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 19:16:07 EDT

    >From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
    >To: "LRO list" <lro@Works.Team.Net>
    >Subject: Re: LRO: People's Republic....
    >Date: Sun, 15 Apr 01 08:38:26 -0700
    >
    > >Am I getting this correctly?
    > > Are you lot saying that if you indicate that you want to do something on
    > >the road, pull over, turn right or left, move into another lane, someone
    > >will stop you doing it?
    >
    >They are pulling your leg Frank.

    No they aren't.
    My girlfriend came to St. Louis to visit recently. She constantly commented
    as to how often she would be blocked or cut off in traffic. I suggested
    she: 1) wait to signal til the last moment before a lane change, and
    2)adjust her car's mirrors so she needen't move her head to see prior to the
    final glance for a lane change (obviously she doesn't drive a series). much
    better, she said. Not completely tho, as she beat a hasty retreat back to
    MT, due to her high stress level here.
    Yes Frank, there are MANY less-than-courteous folks here in the U.S. The
    only for many in America is abject suffering, Prozac, or living in places
    where A-hole density is tolerably low (which St. Louis ain't).
    -todd