LRO: Rovers in movies

From: Andre Shoumatoff (ashoumat@zoo.uvm.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 14 2001 - 14:12:48 EDT

    Animal Planet ran Gorillas in the Mist two times last night in a row.
    There's a nice section where, hehem, Louis Leki is waiting for Diane Fossey
    (Sigourney Weaver), greets her at the airport, quickly introduces her to her
    Land Rover, and he's off. Despite it being 1967 at the time, the Rover is a
    Series III but I'm sure the producers know that or cared. But Leki says to
    her "What we have here is a Land Rover, a 4 wheel drive. You'll get the
    hang of it soon enough. Push the yellow knob down for 4 wheel drive, pull
    the red knob back for low." Good little segment, I'm sure discussed here on
    the list before.

    Andre